Personal accident insurance is one of the insurance products provided by Chubb general insurance. This insurance product provides coverage for the risk of accidents causing permanent total disability, death and medical expenses.
The following are some of the benefits that will be obtained by customers who hold personal accident insurance:
- Reducing medical expenses due to accidents
- Gives a sense of calm from the financial side
- Families get compensation if the policyholder dies
While the risks covered in this personal accident insurance generally include:
- Poisoning by hazardous substances
- Transmission of substances that contain germs
- Disasters that occur suddenly such as motor vehicle collisions, shipwrecks, building ruins, and drowning
- Physical disability due to persecution from other parties
Meanwhile, things that are not guaranteed include:
- Accidents caused by war
- Accident in the airborne race
- Accident due to the Insured’s profession as a boxer, mountaineer, or wrestler
- Insured who is an active member of the armed forces
Even so, before buying personal accident insurance you should pay attention to a few things first:
- Choose an insurance company that has a good reputation. Reputation can be a measure of the quality of services provided by the insurance company. This can also reduce the risk of losses that arise after you buy insurance.
- Choose the type of protection and insurance policy that suits your needs. This is quite important to consider so that the payment of the insurance premium does not become a burden for you and there is no disappointment when submitting a claim.
- If you are struck by an accident, then you do not have to bother looking for a hospital far from where you live.
- Compare information regarding complaints and claims about insurance companies.
- Find out the ins and outs of insurance companies from friends, family, or other people who already have insurance products from the insurance company you are looking at.
Those are some tips to help choose personal accident insurance. Happy insurance!